Home Outreach Update
Redeeming Grace – Rogers, MN
• Served by Pastor David Russow, Redeeming Grace numbers 172 souls. The congregation has been worshipping together since 2006.
• The preschool at Redeeming Grace has a total of 35 students.
• A “Valentines’ Night Out” in February was enjoyed at the church by 44 people.
• Visit Redeeming Grace’s new web site at www.rglc.org for more information.
Faith – San Antonio, TX
• Pastor David Thompson serves this congregation on the northeast side of San Antonio. Faith now numbers 61 souls.
• Faith hosted a Worldview Conference in February which featured 5 speakers. 75 people attended the conference. (See more details below.)
• Plans are being made for the production of a video about the church that is law-gospel oriented.
• Visit www.flc-sa.org for more information about Faith.
Outreach Idea of the Month
The 2015 San Antonio Biblical Worldview Conference
Members at Faith Lutheran Church sponsored their inaugural San Antonio Biblical Worldview Conference on February 6th and 7th. About 75 attended (high school and college students, parents, teachers, pastors, and others), coming from a variety of churches (WELS, ELS, LCMS, and a number of non-Lutherans), and traveling from as far away as Austin, Houston, Dallas, Weatherford, Del Rio, and even one couple from Minnesota.
Each of the five presentations was about 90 minutes long. (The conference was conducted as a free conference due differences in fellowship among the presenters.) They included:
• “The Biblical and Christian Worldview” (Rev. David Jay Webber)
• “The Postmodern Coup and Real Persecution” (Rev. David C. Thompson)
• “When False Worldviews Mess with Your Church” (Rev. Chris Rosebrough)
• “Origins … from Genesis to Revelation” (Dr. Joel Heck)
• “A Defensible Christianity: Contending for and Sharing the Christian Faith in Today’s Culture” (Dr. Daniel van Voorhis)
The purpose of the conference was to educate members at Faith on the topic of worldviews and apologetics (30 of the 75 attendees were members), provide sound biblical information to members of the Christian community at large, and to reach out to Christians of other fellowships and denominations who might be looking for a church that understands the times, offers Jesus Christ as the only real hope, and is firmly grounded in the inerrant Word of God.
Faith is planning to have the entire conference on its website (YouTube) and have each individual presentation available on DVD.
The members of Faith are looking forward to and have begun to plan another worldview conference next year.
Presenters at Faith’s Worldview Conference: (L-R) Rev. David Thompson, Dr. Joel Heck, Dr. Daniel van Voorhis, Rev. David Jay Webber, Rev. Chris Rosebrough
World Outreach Update
Exciting news about a matching grant for India!
Recently the ELS Board of Trustees made available a generous $7,500 grant which will match donations toward the expenses of the start-up costs at St. Paul’s Lutheran School in Guntipalli, India. This means that contributions made now will actually have a double impact for the students in our Lutheran elementary school!
During this past year, builders have been busy constructing the new school in the village of Guntipalli. Not only will the children in our orphan home there now have access to education, but the children in the village will also enjoy having a school near their homes. The finishing touches are being done now in anticipation of opening day in June. The faculty is being hired and students are being registered. We hope to cover start-up costs such as furnishings, books, fees, etc.
Gifts to missions like the school at Guntipalli bring blessings to children who need not only a secular education, but who also must be made “wise unto salvation through faith in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 3:15).” If you can help with a special gift at this time (one that is matched!), your support will make a difference in the lives of many children – now and forever!