The 500th Anniversary of the Lutheran Reformation
The ELS is planning:
- Convention Essay (Three Solas)
- Convention Hymn Festival
- Lutheran Sentinel (Commemorative Issue)
- Anniversary Bible Study relating to the history and teaching of both the Reformation and also our synod (six sessions).
The following resources also may be helpful. While we do not necessarily endorse everything found on these links, they may have resources which are useful.
Luther’s Small Catechism by Dr. Martin Luther
Bible Study – Luther’s Table of Duties by Rev. Peter Faugstad
Choral & Organ Music Reformation music suggestions for choir directors and organists.
Confessions Reading Weekly readings from the Lutheran Confessions for use in church services.
- Schedule A
- Schedule B
- Confesssions Descriptions (to be read or printed with readings)
- Additional worship resources
Luther Services Services for 2017 highlighting Martin Luther’s work as Preacher, Confessor of the Faith, Translator, and Reformer.
Reformation Era Hymns Hymn suggestions and author information for each Sunday and festival of the Historic Church Year.
Luther at Home and In the Community Essay by Neeklak Tjernagel, written for the 500th anniversary of Luther’s birth.
Luther Quote Calendar 365 Daily Quotes from Martin Luther.
“A Treasure Revealed: Luther and the Reformation” is a booklet prepared by the Lutheran Hour Ministries
- Order your free booklet: A Treasure Revealed: Martin Luther and the Events of the Reformation
- Download booklet PDF
- Download Audio Booklet
“A Man Named Martin” is a video-based Bible study produced by Lutheran Hour Ministries.
Part 1 “The Man” is a five-session study which examines Luther’s life and times.
Part 2 “The Movement” is a three-session study which takes a close look at the teachings of the late Medieval Church
Part 3 will be released in 2017.